Only 7% of communication is based on the actual words we say. As for the rest, 38% comes from tone of voice and the remaining 55% comes from body language.
1. Crossed arms and legs signal resistance to your ideas.
2. Real smiles crinkle the eyes. When it comes to smiling, the mouth can lie but the eyes can’t.
3. Copying your body language is a good thing. Have you ever been in a meeting with someone and noticed that every time you cross or uncross your legs, they do the same?
4. Posture tells the story. Have you ever seen a person walk into a room, and immediately, you have known that they were the one in charge? That effect is largely about body language
5. Eyes that lie. Most of us probably grew up hearing, “Look me in the eye when you talk to me!”
6. Raised eyebrows signal discomfort.